Why would I need this type of survey?
- The purpose of an ALTA/NSPS Survey is to remove the “survey exception language” from the title insurance policy, also known as providing “extended coverage”. ALTA Surveys are used as a title insurance underwriting tool.
We will provide a map including the items described in sections 5, 6 and 7 of the 2016 requirements for ALTA/NSPS Land Title Surveys, as follows:
- Found monuments, including size, character and type
- Rights of way and access
- Improvements within 5 feet of the property lines (unless access is restricted)
- Subject property lines
- Water features
- North arrow and graphic scale
- Vicinity map
We will also include the following Table “A” items:
- Flood zone classification (item 3)
- Gross land area (item 4)
- Substantial features such as decks, pools and parking areas (item 8)
- Observed evidence of utilities (item 11)
- Names of adjoining owners (item 13)
- Can you start immediately? Our proposal will include an estimated start-date for field work. We understand that ALTA projects are time-sensitive and will do all we can to get to your project as soon as possible.
- What do you need from us? The title company must provide us copies of the title commitment, the current description of the property, any easements benefiting or burdening the property and any other documents containing information affecting the subject property.
- Does the survey include topography? Additional Table “A” items such as topography may be added for an additional cost.